Hi there, hope you had a great weekend! This is my last week of vacation and the show must go on, so I have a fun card for you…..and a teaching moment, too. Don’t do what I did on this card…LOL. I made this card a month ago at a retreat and I didn’t realize what a booboo I made until later when it was kind of late to fix the problem, so I thought I would still share it and let you see what NOT TO DO..LOL Here is my card and let you see if you find what I did wrong….I will tell you at the end…
Merry Moose is definitely a favorite stamp set of mine and I made a similar card in the past, but this time I went with the white Christmas feel and added a pop of red in there to make it more Canadian.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS CARD:
(Please scroll down for the downloadable PDF)
- Cut the card base, which is Whisper White cardstock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored and folded at 4-1/4.
- Cut a 5 x 3-3/4 Whisper White cardstock, stamp the trees using Old Olive ink and the snow fall using Sahara Sand ink.
- Run the stamped panel through the Woodland Embossing Folder and ink up the tree edges with Soft Suede just a bit using a Sponge Dauber, add a little Shimmery Crystal Effects on the right side of the trees and sprinkle some Dazzling Diamond on them. (such a pretty effect)
- Cut a 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 Real Red cardstock and adhere under embossed/stamped panel using Tear & Tape and onto the card front.
- Stamp a moose on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Soft Suede ink, punch it out. Stamp a scarf and hat using Real Red ink onto Whisper White cardstock and hand cut it out and adhere to moose using Liquid Glue.
- Cut a 5-1/8 x 5/8 strip of Real Red cardstock, white emboss the sentiment on it toward the right side and using Stampin Dimensionals adhere to card front.
- Finally adhere moose to card using Stampin Dimensionals.
Here is another look of this pretty card using the Merry Moose and Woodland Embossing folder. So, did you figure out what I did wrong yet? Ok, if not, well, make sure when you emboss the Woodland folder, the trees are the right side up. Mine are upside down…LOL…you can tell on the branches. So…don’t do what I did…LOL Still a pretty card though.
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below. (Please note, downloads might not work on iPads, or tablets, so please use a laptop, or desktop)
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.
Thank you so much for your support. When you place your order, don’t forget to add the HOST CODE, so I can add you to my Pawpack Reward System. September code is: R696VUZZ
If you are not familiar with my Pawpack Reward System, check it out. You have a chance to get up to $65 worth of products just for shopping for me. I sent a few of those orders out this past month, so I know I have some happy shoppers and thank you for that!!!
And I have two new beautiful Tutorial Bundles. You can earn them, or purchase them. They sure are beautiful and will keep you busy during the whole month!
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!!!
- Visit my Store HERE
- Shop the Clearance Rack HERE
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my PawPack Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- JOIN my Team HERE
- FREE Online Card Making Class with every $50 order and if your order is about $100, you get TWO Tutorial Bundles….how fun is that!!!
- PURCHASE the Online Card Making Class HERE