Welcome to the Ink it! Stamp it! Blog Hop! Be sure to hop through the full line up below so that you can see all of the projects! This month we are focused on Techniques and I can’t wait to see what my team mates have come up with, so this will be a super fun blog hop. A few weeks ago I was working with Free as a Bird Bundle and I had an idea in my head, but it didn’t work, however what I came up with was new to me and I call it the Colored Embossed Lines Technique.
Isn’t this a super fun card? I love how the image pops off the black cardstock!
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS CARD:
(Please scroll down for Downloadable PDF Instructions)
- Cut the card base, which is Daffodil Delight cardstock 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4.
- Cut a 5 x 3 Basic Black cardstock, rub it with Embossing Buddy then stamp the sentiment in Versamark Ink. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick the cardstock to remove the excess and set with a Heat Tool and die cut it with the second largest die from the Stitched Nested Labels dies.
- Using Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso, color over the embossed lines and inside the images as you will see in my video below.
- Cut a 4-3/4 x 3-1/2 Coastal Cabana cardstock and run it through the Scripty 3D Embossing folder.
- Cut a 4-7/8 x 3-5/8 Whisper White cardstock and using Snail adhesive, adhere below the Coastal Cabana panel
- Cut a 16″ Old Olive/Pretty Peacock ribbon and tie it in a bow as shown and using Snail adhesive, adhere to cardbase.
- Stamp the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock and using Paper Snips, cut it out and adhere to card using Liquid Glue.
Isn’t this a super fun and easy technique? Here is a closeup look of my colored embossed image. I just love how this turned out and will definitely use it in different ways in the future. Hope you try it and let me know.
And if you would like to see how I created this card and perhaps create it along with me, here is the Youtube video I created just for YOU!
Thank you so much for joining us today and hope you’l join us next month, too. Now it’s time to check out everyone’s projects!!! Please see the list of ladies participating this month. I am so excited about seeing so many fun techniques, so check make sure you hop onto everyone’s blog post.
STAMPIN’ UP! BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!!
(Last week, so place your order soon!)
Hooray!!!! For every $60 you spend from July 1st – 31st before taxes and shipping, you will get a $6 Bonus Day Coupon from Stampin’ Up! you can use from August 1st – 31st! Whoohoo….and there is no limit how many coupons you can earn, so shop anytime through my store!
Check out my blog post for more details HERE!
EXTRA, EXTRA JOINING PROMOTION – JULY 1ST TO AUGUST 31ST!!!
- The bonus at initial sign up allows demonstrators to pick $40 more than usual. You will pay $135 to sign up and choose $205 worth of Stampin’ Up! products in your Starter Kit.
- Coupon codes will be sent between the fifth and seventh business day of the following month the new demonstrator signs up.
- The email address listed in a new demonstrator’s profile will be used to send the $14 coupon code.
Check out my blog post for more details HERE!
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below. (Please note, downloads might not work on iPads, or tablets, so please use a laptop, or desktop)
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.
Thank you so much for your support. When you place your order, don’t forget to add the HOST CODE, so I can add you to my Pawpack Reward System. July’s code is: 4THQQC9U
If you are not familiar with my Pawpack Reward System, check it out. You have a chance to get up to $65 worth of products just for shopping for me. I sent a few of those orders out this past month, so I know I have some happy shoppers and thank you for that!!!
I’ll be back shortly to share about the newest online customer appreciation class, so get ready to feast your eyes and for the tutorials so you can follow along with us as we create the pretty projects.
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!!!
- Visit my Store HERE
- Shop the Clearance Rack HERE
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my PawPack Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- JOIN my Team HERE
- FREE Online Card Making Class with every $50 order and if your order is about $150, you get TWO Tutorial Bundles….how fun is that!!!
- PURCHASE the Online Card Making Class HERE