Hello there, welcome to my blog. Hope you had a great weekend! Last week I asked a question on my Facebook Page as I was getting ready to teach a class in my home using the Pigment Sprinkles. The question came from Janet (thank you Janet!!) and she asked if I could show what is the difference between Brushos and Pigment Sprinkles, Stampin Up just came out with, so today I have a video for you just to compare the two. And of course I have to have a card created with Pigment Sprinkles and this time I used the super awesome mostly Birthday inspired Everything Amazing Stamp set.
Feast your eyes on the finished cards.
First, let me give you my thoughts on the comparison between Brushos and the new Pigment Sprinkles. My verdict is this. Brushos are awesome, but Pigment Sprinkles are sooooo much better.
REASONS WHY I LOVE PIGMENT SPRINKLES:
- They are more vibrant
- Give you more coverage
- They COORDINATE with Stampin’ Up! colors (Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape)
Do you need more reasonS…LOL? I actually am so glad Janet asked me for this as I didn’t really compare the two and was sort of sad Brushos were gone, but now I am super happy. But take a look at the swatches I made and you tell me what you think.
Let me know your thoughts…would love to hear for sure.
This was the first card I created, in case you want the instructions for it in writing. I am teaching the gold embossed one in the video, but that is the only difference.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- Cut the card base, which is Basic Black cardstock 4-1/4 x 11 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Cut a 3-3/4 x 5 watercolor paper and white emboss the bold Sentiment on it.
- Using an Aqua Painter wet the paper in a stripe on the top and add the Melon Mambo Pigment Sprinkle, then repeating the same step, add Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape Pigment Sprinkles.
- Once it dried, stamp the little sentiments within the lines on the main stamp using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Cut a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 Coastal Cabana cardstock and adhere to the watercolor panel using Tear & Tape and to the cardbase.
- Finally adhere three sequins using the Fine-tip Glue pen.
It really is a fast card to create and once again, this works with any bold images. And now if you would like to see in action how I created this card with more tips in the video, plus a comparison with the Brushos, here is my Youtube video.
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below. (Please note, downloads might not work on iPads, or tablets, so please use a laptop, or desktop)
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.
Thank you so much for your support. When you place your order, don’t forget to add the HOST CODE, so I can add you to my Pawpack Reward System. July’s code is: 4THQQC9U
If you are not familiar with my Pawpack Reward System, check it out. You have a chance to get up to $65 worth of products just for shopping for me. I sent a few of those orders out this past month, so I know I have some happy shoppers and thank you for that!!!
I’ll be back shortly to share about the newest online customer appreciation class, so get ready to feast your eyes and for the tutorials so you can follow along with us as we create the pretty projects.
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!!!
- Visit my Store HERE
- Shop the Clearance Rack HERE
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my PawPack Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- JOIN my Team HERE
- FREE Online Card Making Class with every $50 order and if your order is about $150, you get TWO Tutorial Bundles….how fun is that!!!
- PURCHASE the Online Card Making Class HERE