Welcome back!!! Today it’s Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop time and we have a fun color combo as our challenge! Check it out!
We were allowed to use a pop of color, so, guess what I used?????? Coastal Cabana, of course…LOL. Here is what I came up with using Better With You set, which is retiring and have yet to touch it.
I went with watercoloring, of course…That birdie needed some color, don’t you agree?
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE BETTER WITH YOU CARD:
- Cut the card base using Basic Black card stock, 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Die cut a Watercolor paper using the second largest die from the Rectangles Stitched Dies. Stamped the background stamp and a few flower stamps using Stazon and watercolored it just a bit using Basic Gray ink with and Aqua Painter.
- Die cut a Coastal Cabana cardstock using the largest die from the Rectangles Stitched Dies and adhered the art panel on it and adhered both to the card base.
- Stamped the bird on a 3″ x 3″ Watercolor paper using Stazon and watercolored the image with Coastal Cabana and Basic Gray ink. Die cut it using the 2-5/8″ circle die from the Layering Circle dies.
- Die cut the coordinating Scallop circle die using Coastal Cabana and adhered it on the bottom of the bird circle and using stampin dimensionals I adhered it on the card.
- Finally, cut a 2-1/4″ x 3/4″ Basic Black strip, white embossed the sentiment on it and adhered it on the bird label to finish off the card.
Here is another look of it using the Better With You stamp set.
And now it’s time to check out what the amazingly talented ladies created for this hop using the same color challenge. I can’t wait to see them as well. I was the last one on the hop, so start with Amy Koenders!
Here is the list of the participating ladies
Eva Dobilas – YOU ARE HERE
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.