Welcome back…thanks for visiting my blog. My family had an interesting two weeks. We experienced both JOY and SORROW the same time. My niece had her beautiful baby boy on my birthday of all days. Boy, that got me so emotional unexpectedly. There is something about a baby being born on your birthday in your family. Somehow I broke down and cried, when she messaged me the best birthday wish with the pictures of her newborn, but they were happy tears. Sadly a few days later my very much loved cousin passed away at a very young 58 years of age and that hit me pretty hard as he was the brother I never had, and didn’t think last time I saw him was the last time I would ever see him. So, yeah, that was my last week. Joy and sorrow and that is life, yin and yang, right? We come and go and we are all heer to experience what life is about while we are here. So with that said today I share a sweet card I made for my the new little baby boy in my family created with the soon to be retired Perfectly Paired stamp set, which is adorable.
I made this card a while ago as I knew she would be having her baby soon, but held onto it till now. Now I have to ship it off with some gifts of love. Anyway, if you would like to recreate this, here are the instructions:
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE THE LIFE IS GRAND BIRTHDAY CARD:
- I started out with the card base, which is Whisper White card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Next, I cut a 3-3/4 x 5 Whisper White card stock and stamped the Perfectly Paired main image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and used the following Blends to color it in:
- Alligators: Granny Apple Green Combo
- Pelicans: Flirty Flamingo Combo
- Lions: Ivory, Bronze, Pumpkin Pie
- Zebras: Smoky Slate Combo
- Elephants: Smoky Slate Combo
- Giraffes: Mango Melody Combo, Cajun Craze Dark
- Birds: Pool Party Combo
- Coala Bears: Crumb Cake Combo
- Ark: Crumb Cake Combo, Bronze
- Building: Crumb Cake Combo, Smokey Slate Combo
- Flag: Cherry Cobbler Combo
- Clouds and Water: Pool Party Combo
- Next I cut a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 Pool Party card stock and adhered it below my art panel and adhered both using Snail adhesive on the card base.
- Next, I cut a 1-1/4 x 3-3/4 Vellum card stock and using Tear & Tape I adhered it to the bottom of my art panel.
- I die cut the Welcome word using Pool Party and Bermuda Bay card stock and using liquid glue I adhered them on top of each other and adhered them on top of the Vellum panel.
- Finally I cut a 1/2 x 1 strip of Whisper White card stock and using Tuxedo Black Memento ink I stamped the Baby word on it and adhered it using Snail adhesive.
Here is another look of my card created with the Perfectly Paired Stamp set.
So, if you have anyone in your circle of loved ones who is expecting a baby, this set makes an adorable welcome card.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.
Thank you for stopping by and when you shop in my Canadian Stampin’ Up! store for any of the products, make sure you use the April HOST CODE. Here is the April Host Code: UDEPK27D
If you are not familiar with my Pawpack Reward System, check it out. You have a chance to get up to $65 worth of products just for shopping for me. I sent a few of those orders out this past month, so I know I have some happy shoppers and thank you for that!!!
Have a beautiful day!!!
- Visit my Store HERE
- Shop the Clearance Rack HERE
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my PawPack Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- JOIN my Team HERE
- FREE Online Card Making Class with every $50 order
- PURCHASE the Online Card Making Class HERE
- FREE PDF Downloads HERE (adding 2-3 a week)