Welcome back!!! Today it’s Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop time and today we have a fun sketch! Check it out!
And today is a very special day!!! It’s Amy’s birthday, so we all decided to make her Birthday cards with this pretty sketch!!! Amy, thank you for all you do and wishing you a super fun day filled with love! My card showcases Oh, So Eclectic bundle, the Country Floral embossing folder and Painted Seasons designer papers and I mixed in a little bit from the Needle and Thread Bundle. Here is what I came up with and Amy, hope you like it. 🙂
Isn’t this a happy, vibrant card? Fit for a happy Birthday card!
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE THE OH, SO ECLECTIC CARD:
- The card base is Coastal Cabana card stock 5 1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4.
- I cut a 5-1/4 x 3/1/2 watercolor panel and using and Aqua Painter I did a watercolor wash using Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green inks. Once it dried, I ran it through the Country Floral embossing folder.
- Next, I cut two 1 x 5-1/4 strips of the red and white patterned paper from the Painted Seasons DSP and die cut it with scallop border from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies and using Liquid Glue I adhered them to the edges as shown on the card.
- Next, I inked up the flower using Granny Apple Green for the stem and Poppy Parade for the flower, stamped them on Whisper White card stock and die cut them.
- Using a sponge daubers I added more Poppy Parade and some Mango Melody to the flowers to make them pop even more and adhered them on the middle of the card using mini stampin dimensionals.
- Next, I cut a 5-1/4 x 3/4 strip from one of the Painted Seasons patterned papers and adhered it on top of the flowers using mini stampin dimensionals. I white embossed the sentiment from the Needle and Thread stamp set and die cut it from the Needlepoint Elements Framelits dies. I threaded a silver bakers twine through the holes and attached the sentiment label on top of the card tying the bakers twine in a bow and the card was done.
Here is another shot of my card using Oh, So Eclectic Bundle.
And now it’s time to check out what the amazingly talented ladies created for this hop using the same color challenge. I can’t wait to see them as well. I was the last one on the hop, so start with Amy Koenders!
Here is the list of the participating ladies
Eva Dobilas – YOU ARE HERE
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.