Welcome back!!! Today it’s Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop time and today we have a fun sketch! Check it out!
Here is the card I created with this awesome sketch using the super fun Well Said Bundle and an older favorite of mine called Pop of Petals Bundle!
I am so in love with the Well Said bundle…you can create super fun messages that are using both dies and stamps and got a little watercolor washed background in there, too. Want to know how I made this?
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARD:
- I started out with the card base, which is Whisper White card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Next, I cut a 3-3/4 x 5 watercolor paper panel and using an aqua painter and Lemon Lime Twist ink I did a watercolor wash background. Next I stamped a few of the fern looking leaves from the Pop of Petals stamp set using Lemon Lime Twist again, just to create a background for the flowers.
- Next, I stamped three of the Pop of Petal flowers using Soft Suede ink onto a 2 x 4 piece watercolor paper and painted two of them using Coastal Cabana ink and Mango Melody (for the middle) and one using Flirty Flamingo and Mango Melody (for the middle) and punched them out with the coordinating punch.
- Next, die cut a 2-1/8 circle from the Layering Circles Framelits set out of Whisper White card stock, I die cut the Happy and You words using gold glimmer paper and stamped the “Birthday” and “to” words using Coastal Cabana on the circle making sure the dies will line up with the stamped words as you can see on the picture.
- Next, I die cut the doily using Lemon Lime Twist card stock from the Doily Builder Thinlits dies and adhered it below the circle using Liquid Glue. Cut about 8” length of Gold Metallic Thread and rolled it around two fingers and adhered it on the bottom of the sentiment label using Tear & Tape.
- Cut a 3/4 x 4 inch strip of paper from the Painted Seasons Designer paper tore the ends of it and adhered it below the sentiment label and on top of the watercolored panel.
- I adhered the three flowers on the watercolored panel and cut a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 size Pool Party card stock, adhered it on the bottom of the watercolored art panel and using Tear & Tape I adhered it all to the card front and you are done.
And here is another look of the card using the Well Said Bundle and Pop of Petals
And now it’s time to check out what the amazingly talented ladies created for this hop using the same color challenge. I can’t wait to see them as well. I was the last one on the hop, so start with Amy Koenders!
Here is the list of the participating ladies today:
- Amy Koenders
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Julie Johnston
- Eva Dobilas
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.