Hi there, hope you had a great weekend! I was at a craft retreat from Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon and I had so much fun, plus I created 17 cards!!! Yes, 17 cards!!! So, now I have plenty to share with you for the coming up weeks and I am sure excited about them. Today I want to start with a set I haven’t used yet and it’s Sale-a-bration set called By the Bay. You have just a little over 2 weeks to get the set for FREE, or until it runs out, whichever comes first! I love this set as you can color the image, so if you like to color, this set is for you! I chose to watercolor it and here is what I came up with.
To me, this is a framable art and I might just keep it and frame it as I really love the look of it. It’s really an easy card if you don’t mind coloring. You could easily mass produce this if you wanted to. Anyway, if you would like to recreate it, here are the instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE THE BY THE BAY WATERCOLOR CARD:
- I started out with the card base, which is Whisper White card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- I cut a 4 x 5-1/4 size watercolor panel and using Stazon ink, I stamped the images as shown on picture.
- Next, I started painted my images using my ink pads and Aqua painter. I used the following inks.
- Granny Apple Green, Old Olive for grassy areas
- Gray Granite, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade and Cherry Cobbler for buildings
- Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Pacific Point for water and sky.
- Gray Granite for sea gulls
- Once finished painting, dry it and stamp the sentiment on using Stazon and using Tear and Tape adhere it to card base and your card is finished.
Here is another look of the By the Bay watercolor card.
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.