Welcome back!!! Today it’s Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop time and today we have a color sketch that I call Shades of Blue.
And here is what I came up with using the gorgeous Incredible Like You stamp set, wich I just love!!!
Well, what do you think? I think this turned out so cool! Here is a TIP FOR YOU: what Iike is that you can literally use so many other color combos, like you could use Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry with Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana with Bermuda Bay…just a few ideas to get you started with.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE SHADES OF BLUE INCREDIBLE LIKE YOU CARD:
- I started out with the card base, which is Whisper White card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2 and ran the card front through the Country Floral Embossing folder.
- Using a 2 x 3 size Whisper White card stock die cut the pretty label from the Rose Trellis dies and stamp the sentiment on it using Night of Navy ink.
- Cut a 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 Whisper White panel and white embossed three of the outline flower stamps on the lower left part of the panel. I used the sentiment label as my guide to know where I wanted the flowers to be as I just wanted them to peak out from around the sentiment label, so use that as your guide as well.
- Next, using a small piece of sponge and Balmy Blue ink I rubbed the ink on the art panel making sure that the white embossed flowers would “pop” after applying the ink.
- Next, I stamped the layering leaves using Balmy Blue and Night of Navy inks. I also stamped some on the top corner, as if they were peeking out.
- Next, I cut a 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 Night of Navy card stock and adhered it under the art panel in an angle and using Tear & Tape, adhered it to the card front.
- Next, I cut a 12″ Balmy Blue Organdy ribbon and layered it under the sentiment ribbon and finally adhered it using stampin dimensionals and the card is finished.
Here is another close up shot of the Shades of Blue Incredible Like You card.
And now it’s time to check out what the amazingly talented ladies created for this hop using the same color challenge. I can’t wait to see them as well. I was the last one on the hop, so start with Amy Koenders!
Here is the list of the participating ladies
Eva Dobilas – YOU ARE HERE
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, so you can order if you like.