Hello there, hope you had a fabulous weekend. I had a super busy working weekend and this week is not looking any better, but there is light at the end of the tunnel as they say as I am going to a craft retreat this weekend, so yaaaa for that. I’ll get plenty of crafting time in for sure! So excited as I should be getting some new stamps before I leave, so I’ll be inking up brand new products and who doesn’t love new stamps? With that said, today I have my February Paper Pumpkin Alternatives to share with you. Did you get yours? What I loved about this kit is that it was beautiful, super easy to put together, but most importantly I LOVED the stamps it came with.
So, if you don’t subscribe, let me show you the cards I made using the instructions and products the kit came with.
Aren’t these super fun???? I really love the images so much. Succulents are so in, so this is on trend for sure. And if that is not enough…check out my alternatives and boy, did I ever have fun!!!!
I used Blends markers on one and I watercolored on the other one. So much fun and I love the stark black contrast, don’t you? So let me start out with the one I colored with Blends.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE YOU ARE WONDERFUL CARD:
- I started out with the card base, which is Basic Black card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Next, I cut a 3-3/4 x 5 Whisper White card stock panel and using Memento Ink I stamped the bottom cup. I also stamped another one on a post it sticky paper and fussy cut it out as I used that as the mask off, so that way I was able to stamp the other two cups.
- I colored the cups and succulents using the following Blends: Rich Razzleberry, dark and light, Old Olive, dark and light, Pool Party dark, Bermuda Bay light, Mango Melody, dark and light and Cajun Craze, dark and light and dark Crumb Cake.
- Once everything was colored in, I stamped the decorative motives in the middle of the cups with Memento.
- Stamped the YOU sentiment again with Memento Black ink.
- White embossed the “are wonderful” sentiment and punched it out using the Classic Label punch and adhere it using mini stampin dimensionals and the card is done.
Now let’s get onto the watercolored card.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CREATE THE KINDNESS CARD:
- The card base is Mint Macaron card stock 5 1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4.
- Next I cut a 3-3/4 x 5 watercolor paper panel and stamped the cup using Stazon ink and stamped the cute border in the middle of the cup using Mint Macaron ink. Next I watercolored the cup in using Crumb Cake ink and Mint Macaron and the succulents using Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry.
- Using Mint Macaron, Old Olive and Crumb cake watercolor washed the background and dried it all.
- I cut a 3-3/4 x 5 vellum and adhered the art panel together with it in an angle and adhered it using Tear & Tape to the card front.
- Next I die cut a 3-1/8 x 1-3/4 Stitched Rectangle using Black Card stock, white embossed the sentiment on it and added a cute white thread bow that came in the kit. Adhered it using mini dimensionals to the card.
- I also stamped the corner with the border stamp using Rich Razzleberry ink and added a few crystals that came in the kit and that was it.
Here are the products I used to create this two cards on top of the February Paper Pumpkin kit.
Well, hope you like these alternatives. I love receiving the kits each month and I am super excited for the March kit as it’s Paper Pumpkin’s birthday and we get not one, but two stamp sets in the kit. So, if you are new, this is the month to sign up even just to try. You can sign up for one month and if it’s not for you, you can quit. If you have subscribed in the past, why not sign up again?
Even if it’s for one month! And if you are a subscriber, ENJOY this coming up month!!!
And when you decide to sign up. Did you know you can get FREE Sale-a-bration products with a $60 purchase? WOW, so many freebies! Just to give you some good news. If you have been waiting for the Sale-a-bration Organdy ribbon pack, they are back in stock. Hurry up and order as they are while supplies last!!!