Hi there, with Valentine’s Day almost here I wanted to highlight the Meant to Be Bundle today. And I made a super fun shaped card using the Envelope Punch Board. While researching what you can do with this tool, I came across some file folder card ideas, so today I am sharing one I created as I think it’s super cute!! But I let YOU decide…..
I quite love the way this turned out ad it was so easy to make on top of it. Here are the steps I took to create it.
- The card base is Whisper White card stock 5 1/2 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 4-1/4. Open card and cut 1/2″ off from one side, so one side is 4-1/4 and the other is 3-3/4 wide.
- Next, with your card base still open, place it with the 5-1/2 side horizontally against the envelope punch board till the left corner edge is even with the hole peeking through the punch part of the board, then punch.
- Next, move your card edge to the 2-1/2 marker and punch again.
- Turn your card base 180 degree and repeat the punches again.
- Next using the paper trimmer, align one side with the tab on your trimmer so you can cut off the excess tab to shape your file folder. Repeat it on the other side as well and your file folder shaped card is finished and now it’s time to decorate it.
- Open your card base and run the shorter side through the Lace embossing folder.
- Cut a 1 x 5-1/2 pink designer series paper. Cut a 2 x 5-1/2 Soft Sea Foam card stock and using the scalloped die cut off the edge and adhere the pink patterned paper on top of it and adhere them on the card front as shown.
- White emboss the heart with flowers image onto Soft Sea Foam card stock and using the coordinating heart die cut it out. This will give you two pieces, the stamped image one and a scalloped outline. Next die cut the ornate heart using Flirty Flamingo card stock and also the rose using the same card stock.
- Line up the ornate heart with the scalloped outline heart and adhere them on the card front. Next using mini stampin’ dimensionals adhere the white embossed heart on top of them.
- Cut a 1/2 x 1-1/2 banner using Whisper White card stock and stamp the sentiment on it using Lovely Lipstick ink and adhere it on the middle of the embossed heart along with the die cut rose.
I also finished the inside and this is what it looks like.
- Cut a 5-1/2 x 3-1/2 pink heart patterned paper and adhere it in the inside flap.
- Cut a 5-1/2 x 3-1/2 Whisper White card stock and die cut the bottom edge using the scalloped border die to get it to a 5-1/2 x 3 panel. Adhere that on top of the patterned paper.
- Stamp the sentiment using Lovely Lipstick and the hearts using Lovely Lipstick and also Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Finally stamp the I love our life sentiment using Flirty Flamingo ink on the tab and tie a Pool Party twine in a bow around the whole card.
Here is another look of the finished card.
If you would like to print out the step by step tutorial you can do that by clicking below.
Here is the list of the products I used to create this pretty card, in case you would like to know.
Thursday I will be back with something super fun. Get ready for NEW FREE Sale-a-bration products on the 15th! Whoohoo…I have a few of them already and Thursday I will share a couple of cards with them. I think you will like them!!! I sure love them!!! Here is a little sneak peek of one of the cards I created with some of the new FREE products.
Thank you for stopping by and when you shop in my Canadian Stampin’ Up! store for any of the products, make sure you use the February Host Code to receive extra perks through me as a thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator. I sure appreciate your orders! Here is the code for this month GA7NC7SE.
Have a beautiful day!!!
- Visit my Store HERE
- Shop the Clearance Rack HERE
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my PawPack Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- JOIN my Team HERE
- FREE Online Card Making Class with every $50 order
- PURCHASE the Online Card Making Class HERE
- FREE PDF Downloads HERE (adding 2-3 a week)