Hello and welcome back to our Happy Stampers Blog Hop! Today we have a fun color combo challenge and there are three of us as Marilyn is participating, too so yaaaa…more inspiration to share. My card is using this fun Colour Challenge and I used the Beauty Abounds Bundle and the gorgeous Grapefruit Grove Foil Sheet, which I am so in love with. I have to tell you that it’s getting to be a very limited supply, so if it peaked your interest, best to place a $60 order at least to earn it or it could be gone shortly.
Here is what I came up with and this card once again uses a watercolor wash as the base, which is so fun to play with.
I really love the way this turned out, as it just has a hint of color here and there, but not too much. And it was pretty quick to make as well, so that’s a bonus…LOL I even created a PDF for you to download, so make sure you scroll down to get it.
- To create this card I started out with the card base, which is Pear Pizzazz card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2.
- Next, I cut a 3-3/4 x 5 watercolor paper and spritzed it with water and using an Aqua Painter,, I added a drop of Pear Pizzazz ink refill and moved it around with the brush and soaked some of it up with a paper towel and dried it.
- Next, I die cut the first layer of the butterflies using the Grapefruit Grove Foil paper and than die cut the second layer using Whisper White card stock and glued them together with Liquid Glue and glued them again with liquid glue to the watercolor panel.
- Wrapped the Grapefruit Grove ribbon three times around the panel and tied it in a bow.
- Using Tear & Tape I adhered the whole art piece panel the the card base.
- Next, I die cut two rectangles from the Rectangle Stitched Framelits dies, one using Lovely Lipstick card stock and the other using Whisper White card stock. Stamped the sentiment on the Whisper White label using Lovely Lipstick ink and layered them on top of each other to show the Lovely Lipstick one just a bit and adhered them together using Snail and finally added them to the card front using mini dimensionals.
- Finally, I stamped a little butterfly using Pear Pizzazz onto Whisper White card stock, fussy cut it out and using a mini dimensional popped it on the sentiment label as shown.
Here is a close up shot of the card using the Beauty Abounds Bundle.
Now it’s time for you to check out what my talented friend Elaine Greenwood has waiting for you. Can’t wait to see what she created. So hop on over to see what Elaine has in store for you!
Eva Dobilas YOU ARE HERE
And if you want to recreate this card, you can download the PDF for the instructions here:
And here is the list of the products I used.
Thank you for stopping by and when you shop in my Canadian Stampin’ Up! store for any of the products, make sure you use the January Host Code to receive extra perks through me as a thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator. I sure appreciate your orders! Here is the code for this month 9NNJXF3R.
Have a beautiful day!
- Visit my Store HERE
- Shop the Clearance Rack HERE
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my PawPack Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- JOIN my Team HERE
- FREE Online Card Making Class with every $50 order