Happy Saturday! Today I take a break from Christmas as it’s my son’s birthday and I made a fun card for him and I thought I would share it. Not often do I have a masculine card, so if you are looking for one, this is one. See, my son is a brewer and working currently at our favorite brewery in California right where we used to live. So I thought why not use the Bubble Over stamp set with the coordinating Bottle and Bubbles Thinlits and here is what I came up with.
The brewery he works at focuses on Belgian style beer, so I wanted to have my beer bottles look like that. I also wanted a fun movement on the background, so watercoloring was the way to go for me. Here are the steps to create this card.
- The card base is Coastal Cabana card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2. I ran the front through the Scattered Sequins embossing folder.
- I cut a 2 x 4 1/4 piece of Wood Texture panel and adhered it on the card front.
- Next I cut a 3 3/4 x 5 water color paper and using the reinkers (Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist and Mango Melody) and Aqua painter I created my background. I stamped the bubbles using Coastal Cabana ink.
- I die cut the bottles out of Soft Suede card stock, the bottle tops out of Gold Foil paper, I stamped and die cut the labels and adhered them with liquid glue and finally using Snail adhesive I added them to the card front.
- I cut a 1 x 3 1/2 strip of Coastal Cabana, stamped my sentiment on it using Soft Suede ink and cut a banner in it and adhered it to my pane.
- Finally I adhered the water color panel using tear & tape to the card base.
And here is a close up of my card to check out the fun Bubble Over stamps along with the Bottles and Bubbles Thinlits. You can see my watercolor background better.
And if you would like to recreate this card here are the products I used:
Just a reminder about this great sale!
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! The Year-End Closeout and Sale is Stampin’ Up!’s chance to do a little inventory cleaning—and your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items. And who doesn’t like deals???
- Click to shop and view ALL Retiring Favorite products
- Click to shop and view ALL Discounted Products
- Retiring items from the 2018 holiday catalog are available while supplies last.
- Surplus items from 2018 annual catalog are available in limited quantities at the promotional price.
- Discounted items may be added to the $135 Starter kit.
- If you are ordering through me, please be sure to use my December host code and earn Pawpack Rewards.
Thank you for stopping by and when you shop in my Canadian Stampin’ Up! store for any of the products, make sure you use the December Hostess Code to receive your Pawpack Points and Coupons through me as a thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator. I sure appreciate your orders and making new friends whether you are in my local area or far away! Here is the code for this month: 2EET2KAC.
Have a beautiful day!