Hi there, welcome back to my blog. Hope you had a great weekend! I was at a scrapbook retreat with some great ladies at a really gorgeous place and I had a great time! Today at SU Only Challenges we have a new theme and that is Nature/Fall, so I opted to create a card using the Falling for Leaves Bundle and here is what I came up with.
I love this stamp set and that big leaf and it just begged for coloring with blends. So, I did just that, and for added interest I added random dots. Pretty cool, isn’t it? Here are the steps I took to create this card:
- The card base is Basic Black card stock 4-1/4 x 8-1/2 score and fold at 5-1/2 and I ran the card front through the Swirls and Curls Embossing folder.
- Next I cut a 3 3/4 x 5 panel out of Whisper White, stamped the two leaves with Memento Black ink and colored them with the blends listed below. I added the dots with Pool Party and Bermuda Bay blends.
- Next I cut a 1 1/2 black strip and stamped the sentiment using white ink and added white ink to the edges to create the chalkboard look and cut banner ends. Next I added thin strips of gold glimmer paper and added a galvanized clip and tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler twine to it and adhered the sentiment strip to the card and that is it!
And if you would like to recreate this Falling for Leaves card, here are the products I used.
Hope you liked this Falling for Leaves card and here is another look of it.
If you shop in my Canadian Stampin’ Up! store for any of the products to create the card above, make sure you use the September Hostess Code to receive extra perks through me as a thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator. I sure appreciate your orders! Here is the code for this month B737C6A6.
Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a great day!
EXTRA PERKS for September!
- Any order between $75 – $119.99 receives a package of Kraft Pillow Boxes
- Any order between $120 – $200 receives a package of Kraft Pillow Boxes and 4 handmade cards from me.
- Orders over $200 please DO NOT USE the Hostess Code and you will earn all the gifts above on top of Stampin’ Rewards.
- All orders receive a hand stamped card from me.
Thank you for supporting my little business!