Hello on this beautiful Monday! Our weekend was just glorious. Hot, but beautiful! Today, being that it’s Monday I am sharing this week’s Product of the Week and as you can see from the picture above, it’s the Pop of Petals Bundle.
So as you may have noticed on my blog, I do love watercoloring, but I also realize that not everyone does or thinks they can do it, so this week, I will show you my projects two different ways, so you’ll see everyone can recreate my projects if they want to. Today I will share my first piece with watercoloring and Wednesday I will show you in a different way, so make sure you come back on Wednesday. Anyway, here is my first project using Pop of Petals Bundle.
Soooooo….what do you think? I hope you like this pretty framed art as much as I do. It’s sitting in my studio now so I can see it every day. Here are the steps I took to create this framed art.
- Cut a 5 x 7 watercolor paper, emboss it partially using one of the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and Embossing paste. Next partially watercolor it with Coastal Cabana ink.
- I stamped my flowers onto watercolor paper using Sahara Sand ink and watercolored them in using the colors listed below and using the flower punch I punched them all out. Here is the way I paired up the colors: Mango Melody with Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana with Bermuda Bay and Flirty Flamingo with Cheery Cobbler, in case you are wondering.
- I stamped a few of the pretty greenery images using Lemon Lime Twist and fussy cut them out.
- Next I die cut the pretty label using Whisper White card stock, stamped my sentiment on it using Soft Suede ink and using Stampin’ Dimensionals I adhered it to the art piece.
- Finally I added my flowers as show on the picture using Glue dots.
Here is a close up of my art piece closer.
If you want to recreate this, here is the list of the products I used to create this with.
If you shop in my Canadian Stampin’ Up! store for any of these products, make sure you use the July Hostess Code to receive extra perks through me as a thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator. I sure appreciate your orders! Here is the code for this month X2MUD4W3.
Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a great day!